AI writing assistants vs AI content detectors

It looks like there’s an arms race between AI content generators like Jasper and AI content detectors like Originality.ai. Who do you think will win this? I for one think it’s gonna become impossible to detect AI content soon enough.

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t see how AI content detectors can win this race, at least when it comes to text. As far as I know, the method for detecting AI content is to plug parts of the text into known AI models and see if they generate the same continuations.

But this is not resistant to multi-layer processing. You would have to figure out the exact sequence of models used and that becomes exponentially harder as more layers are added. From my tests, all current detector APIs can be tricked with the multi-layer method.

3 Likes

Have you seen GPTZero? I ran a number of articles past it, and it was very good at detecting correctly. However, since the ways to detect Ai is basically known, it is a matter of time until AI learns to mislead and pretend to be human.

It’s like the movie, Imitation Game, where they had to let a certain number of boats get destroyed, in order to deceive the enemy and preserve their secret.

1 Like

Did you run the text through a different AI article rewriter one or more times before putting it into GPTZero?

2 Likes

No, but I did different AI articles on different topics.

1 Like