How much does it cost to include AI in your product?

Curious to know how API pricing, compute costs factor into your pricing strategy. The most common approach is pay per usage, tokens etc. How have you priced your product to be profitable?

If you already have a subscription based product, how do you approach this?

1 Like

My Apps ( SheetAI.app & MagicSlides.app) I ask users to use their own API key and pay $8 for unlimited usage with a generous free plan.

what do you think of this?

2 Likes

I did the same thing on a ChatGPT extension I’m working on (which is now on hold). It really simplifies pricing as you no longer have to worry about building a credits system etc.

2 Likes

hey man i would love to collaborate on an passive AI SaaS product with you

1 Like

Hi, I work on an AI product - a machine learning tool - the AI & Analytics Engine, that helps users build supervised machine learning and clustering models, models are accessible via APIs so users call their model endpoint. We use subscription pricing, with different quotas.. Price and the way you price is made easier when you get data around usage and needs to be considered as impacting positioning too - sometimes a set subscription fee makes for an easier decision for buyers.

Hey man my name is Jajuan i would love to link up and talk about some projects i had in mind im from dallas.

I’m the owner of Comment Generator and it costs approx. 3.7 cents per 100 comments generated (using OpenAI)

1 Like